Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11-17-10



(weird pic but that's apps in the middle)

This is the Aaron Apps interview. It's a little different, but nonetheless special. Apps was the mail-order guy at B9 records forever, and was a head dog at sully's shirt selling outside of Fenway park. Also road dogg'd for Have Heart, and annually contributes to the Jim Rome show on espn radio. Good read!



1. Step bros or old school? Why? 

Damn, both classics obviously, but I think I have to go with Step Bros because of all the good memories associated with it.  It's not just the lines from the movie itself that are so funny, it's all the funny shit we did over that week two winters ago when we watched it 40 times in 5 days.  One I'll never forget:  I asked you why you put the subtitles on and you said, "It's like when you get the new Have Heart record and you want to listen to it while reading the lyrics at the same time."  


2. What goes into making a hardcore business journal? Where does inspiration come from?

I mean, you have to have an intense dislike of the business side of hardcore and a sense of humor.  I've moved on though, now The Poppycock Intelligencer is my zine and nobody is safe. 


3. What's it like living with Kei (guitarist of have heart, I shared a room with him for 2+ years)?

Living with Kei is the best thing I've ever done.  He trains me every day at the gym and makes sure I'm eating right.  I am in the best shape of my life and we've only been living together for 2 months, imagine what I'll look like in May? The only downside is that he does steroids and when he flips out I'm the one that has to wrestle him to the ground.  


4. What's your pre-game before some golf? Nick saban eats a coffee cake, some people take 10 min naps before athletic prowess?

My pre-game is pretty simple.  I try to eat something filling but not heavy because I don't want to be too concerned with food while I'm out there on the course but I don't want to feel heavy either.  Usually I take a 10 pound weight, hold it at my chest and just rotate back and through to crack my back.  Usually crack my fingers and wrists just because.  I listen to something with a good beat on the way to the course, last summer it was usually some Drum n Bass stuff I snagged from DJ B-dard.  I hit like 20-30 balls at the range, no more, I'm just looking for a rhythm to carry onto the course, not trying to do any serious work on my swing right before a round.  After that I'm usually ready to meet whoever I've been paired up with and then we're off.  
 

5. Who's going to win it all in college football this year? Who has the best jerseys?

  Best jersey, I don't know, I kind of dig the crazier variations of Oregon's uniforms.  As far as who will win it all, I don't even know where to begin.  If you had sent this Friday I would have said Oregon is unstoppable, but they looked pretty bad on Saturday, and I thought I was going to have to send Rome another email about them signed Kanye West's Mom.  Auburn looks good, but the chances of them beating 'Bama AND Cam Newton not getting booted before the end of the season is slim.  I'm really hoping that this is the year a TCU or Boise St. can sneak in and do something miraculous.  At the end of the day though the real winner will be Columbia University because all these clowns who don't make the cut in the NFL will end up working for us. 



6. Who's the last celebrity you've seen in NYC?

Went to see Angels in America the other night and Leonard Nimoy was in the audience (the guy who played Spock in the newest movie was starring in the play).  Some cool trekkie brotherhood going on there.  



6.5 how many inches taken off a sweatshirt arm constitutes a proper "bellicheck" of a sweatshirt. Explain the process please.

The sleeves have to hang gracefully below the elbow, I think that's really the only requirement.  One optional move is shredding the neck.  I do that on all my sweatshirts anyway because I like the look.  I saw that a Free Spirit hoodie went for like 150 bucks on ebay recently, I think I should Belichick mine just to anger the kids. 


7. Shout-outs:
Samuel and his Triple B Records, Languid Flowers (Fuck For Pleasure 7" coming soon), Ulysses and Finnegans Wake,  KC, my puppy, Kei Yasui's secret steroid stash, greek yogurt, CHEDGE 1, Jack Daniels presents: Free Spirit Straight Edge, Sassy Lensay, Joni Mitchell, indian buffet, DFW RIP, HOS, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment